Maple Dark Chocolate Pudding
- 4 oz 113 g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup 60 g 100% Pure Maple Sugar
- 3 Tbsp 18 g cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp 32 g corn starch
- 1 cup 240 ml 10% half & half cream
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp 30 ml Pure Maple Sugar
- 1 cup 240 ml whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Place dark chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine maple sugar, cocoa powder and corn starch until evenly blended and smooth. Slowly pour in cream while whisking well. Whisk in egg yolks and maple syrup, and then whisk in milk until combined. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat while whisking constantly. Once boiling, reduce heat slightly and boil for 1 more minute while whisking.
- Remove pan from heat and pour the mixture through a sieve over the chocolate in the bowl. Add vanilla and salt and whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth. Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface and let cool at room temperature for about 20 minutes before refrigerating for at least 4 hours or until set.
- Once chilled and set, stir the pudding with a whisk until smooth and silky before spooning into serving cups. Sprinkle brown sugar over top just before serving. Makes about 6 servings.
For a thick-set pudding, spoon the hot mixture directly into your serving cups, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set.